Introducing... Bloodknight

Guest Bloodknight

Guest Bloodknight

Hello Arteria community.

I've i was taught to introduce myself to new groups when i became a member, especially exclusive and privileged groups like this one.

I'm Marc Chapman better known as Bloodknight(UK) in some communities, If anybody here is from the GarageGames/torque community I am the same persistent talker as in the IRC channel there.

I work currently with the Torque 3D engine, not the new MIT one, i'm currently running projects on the old commercial version, i currently run a 1 man trading company named Bloodknight Studios, that god willing will one day drip off the tongue in the same circles as Black Isle and Bioware (We do have to dream big right, if one has to have fantasies they may as well be good ones)

Like many in the Indie circuit, started off as a hobbyist/modder and decide i was semi decent at some of the stuff, sometime in i think 2005 found a book in a 2nd hand store 3D Game programming all in one by Ken Finney (any relation Steve?) the disk contained a now antique version of the Torque Game Engine the modified version of the once loved Tribes/Tribes2 games. I decided that i would try and make a go of being a full time game developer. To such ends i found a University in Lincoln (UK, not Nabraska) that did an Honours Degree in games computing where i discovered that game making was going to be a lot harder than i ever thought it would be, I graduated with Honours in 2008, and just to prove how difficult it really is, i'm still waiting to finish and release my first game.

I found Arteria somewhat by accident some years ago, and paid what was then a quite expensive membership for 1 year that included only the original environment packs, i believe just before Steve started making the Characters and animals, and his first new site that broke quite badly (new site is almost awesome btw Steve, nice job) I converted a few of the packs that weren't Torque compatible into torque DTS format, something I intend to do more of with my limited 3d modelling skills. I am back again, this time as a lifetime member.

So thats me, Bloodknight, i look forward to being a part of the community here, discussing stuff and who knows, maybe even working/collaborating with other members here

Bloodknight.

• Like 4

Guest Bloodknight

Probably none, but i use 3 non open source packs witch provide major source code modifications to the engine , at least 2 of which would probably be a nightmare to port to the newer MIT version (or at least with my programming ability anyway) so i stick with what i know, i guess i'm screwed if i run into any showstopper bugs, but it might be easier to port single fixes backwards, i guess we will see :)

For most people, or people starting on a new project there are some fantastic new additions and lots of improvements in the newer version, which i'll probably use in the future if i ever complete this project first

• Like 1

Guest Dwarf King

Oi Bloodknight you are here too(same name on GG forums right?) :) I did port my project from a T3D 1.2 version to T3D 2.0 MIT. It is easy. You just need to learn how to use the Beyond Compare software.

would he be able to port/carry over his "plugins"/non source code (dll's?) though? This is his main reason of sticking with it until project is done.

I'm right there with you BK though. My game is still in final stages (been this way for months) and I can't wait to release it...take a break and then come back and figure out how I'm going to do version 2 and everything different lol

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.