Guest Elendil

Guest Elendil

Hi folks,

i'm currently working on a rpg, using the jMonkey3 Engine (http://jmonkeyengine.com/). jMonkey uses it's own model format (j3o) but the SDK can convert ogre xmls to j3o. I just tried to convert the Arteria Models ( with .ms3d format) to ogre xml via blender but it failed. is there any chance to convert the models correctly?

Thanks in advantage :)

Elias

• Like 2

i wouldnt use ms3d as in interim format, as it seems a little hit and miss on the models.

Export from UNWRAP3d as OGRE XML, then use the Ogre Command line tools to convert to OGRE - They work perfect in the ogre viewer, and you will probably have better luck then getting them into your engine.

Ive already converted a lot of packs to ogre - they are in their own folder, until ive finished them all.

If you email me, i can give you access thus far to what i converted over

Steve

I spent a long time converting all the packs to ogre although I'm using Esenthel now.

I converted nearly the whole collection using command line tools to convert obj to mesh and ogre material files.

I've found that the FBX files are the only ones that contain working/correct animations though and trying to get them to convert correctly is a real pain. My workflow has mostly been FBX > Fragmotion > Ogre XML > Ogre XML Converter > Mesh

That seems to work.

Some of the models I've had serious issues getting the FBX files to be correctly read though and sometimes the materials are messed up :(

I don't have Unwrap3D so I don't know if it works any better but I didn't want to buy it just to test it...

I can upload the models I've converted somewhere to save you time if you have an FTP Steve.

The best way is to use unwrap3d XML exporter, then the command line tools. Works almost every time. I have been converting quite a few of the packs to ogre, but the help you have given here is amazing, and will save me having to export further, if you have converted them already

How big are the files - only the generated mesh files, skeleton, material files are needed.

Best

Steve

Guest Elendil

thanks for the quick answers :) and sorry for the late reply.

exporting via unwrap3D sounds like an easy & quick way, i'll try that.

Thanks for your help :)

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.