Viking Pack material can't be assigned properly?

Guest originfield2012

I found a quick messy fix was to dump everything in the one folder. All the mesh files (I was using the .obj) and all the textures. Once my program (Blender) had sorted it out I could save them as a .blend and pack the textures in with them. What renderer are you using?

• 1 month later...
Guest StandSureStudio

I just started this arduous task of importing models and making the materials look proper. We should not HAVE to find which texture goes with which mesh. The naming conventions are terrible at best and the scaling makes absolutely no sense at all.

I ended up doing the same as lonus for ALL Arteria3D stuff. And do not feed that crap about Unity exporting behaviors being poor. I export and import from various projects all the time and never have any troubles....because my naming conventions Match and Nothing is forgotten....as well as nothing gets exported that shouldn't because....of proper naming conventions.

For example. Viking Building 1

- No FBX present

- OBJ is there so I will use that. Import into Unity

3 Mesh Groups with Materials: building1, building1_int, int_props1Mat

- So drag and drop to figure out which one works. int_props1Mat does not exist in any of the projects/downloads.

Viking Building 2 has an FBX so I will import that. *Do not bother with the OBJ since you will never figure out the Form3...etc

- Scaling is also terrible....need xyz: 2.4 to make it right.

- Placed a Building 2 material I made up and the Interior Floor....works fine.

So...Viking Building 1 must have a texture missing or the UVs are broken. Most of all how about making the Material Names MATCH the diffuse/albedo texture you are applying to your models/meshes. At least we can find which texture belongs there easier.

This is very frustrating.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.