blender

Guest mariusz.plaskowicki

Guest mariusz.plaskowicki

Hi,

I tried to open few of the models in the blender (used the collada format) but it caused blender to crash. Is there a change that blender native format will get added to the list of the supported formats?

Or maybe someone was able to import the models using some other format?

Cheers

M

• Like 6

Ive never had good experiences with blender to be honest(thats just my personal experience).

I can load the models in via DAE format, without animations, but if there is even a trace of an animation in the file, it will crash

I have no idea why this is

Blender 2.65 seems to be able to import . I have been able to import one of the animated characters and the animated moves have been present. The import took a while (~10 min i think).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dingo_aus

Yes I am using Blender exclusively for Arteria models.

Blender 2.65 was released on 10 December 2012 (after OP) and a bug fix 2.65a on 20 December 2012. Both of these versions have been importing DAE files well. They do take a little while to import but I've not had a crash with them.

Earlier versions of Blender (eg 2.63) do crash when trying to import Arteria DAE files.

After importing them I scale by 0.1 in all three dimensions and rotate on the X axis by 90 degrees.

• 1 year later...

Using Blender 2.71, I import as .obj, failing that .fbx, failing that .dae and I have everything I have attempted to open. I do suggest dumping all the files in the one directory for the one object. There seems to be a problem with some if they have to look in a directory for image files.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.