Unity Glow Shader Help Please

IN preparation for the imminent release of the futuristic city pack, which is inpsired with the look of a modern/futuristic style city, with overtones of traditional buildings too, for one of the unity scenes im preparing, i wish to add glow effects to the neon signs. I did purchase an addon from the asset store, but it doesnt give the effect i would like. Can anyone assist please in how i go about adding glow to signs and suchlike. Thankyou in advance

• Like 3

Guest jseeley150

Sorry if you already know all this, but I recently learned a way to do something like it that doesn't require the post-process effects that are only available in Unity Pro. I'm a programmer, so all these graphic things are new territory for me.

You can get a "Lit" effect by editing the shader of a material on the neon light, and setting it to Self-illumine | Diffuse, but that won't actually emit light. It will make the neon lights quite visible and stand out against a dark world, though (and probably look fine from a distance).

There's a "Dark City" asset on the asset store that has some neon effects. I don't have that one, but it looks like it might just be using the self-illumined material setting on the neon signs.

Thats a great tip, works a treat, especially as on the neon signs, ive applied a glow edge in photoshop, so they actually look like they are glowing fullbright! I cant wait to share this new pack with you all later part of this week.. its the biggest pack ever that arteria has done.

• Like 1

Guest jseeley150

I'm very excited about it. When you mentioned you were working on a pack like this, I started checking the site every day since. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.