Building Design Flaws - Collision Setup

Guest chriscisco

Guest chriscisco

The models here are great, but they are not really packaged together with collision in mine.

Mesh collision are "bad", I will leave it at that, but in all the models disjointed meshes are joined into single objects in the FBX file.

I can go and split them all up, but this is incredibility time consuming and quite difficult.

In the future, is it possible to not combine disjointed meshes in the fbx files, and example would be combining all columns as one mesh. Grouping meshes under a hierarchy is fine.

As a general rule, please do not combine meshes, as it makes level design very time consuming. It is certainly possible to get around this issue, but the amount of time involved is significant compared to not combining meshes in the modeling tools.

This can be extended to such things as combining roofs with walls, and certainly mesh collisions are not always avoidable but they can be lessened.

Thanks

• Like 2

I looked back at the dungeon ultimate pack, and to my delight, i found also the original UNITY level i made that i thought i had lost forever!. Many customers has asked if i could sell them the unity level, but sadly, without recreating it, i couldnt. Therefore i loaded the level up, made some improovements to collision and i am now offering as requested to the community for $17 like the medieval modular building kit. Will be doing a mail out shortly.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.