Modification or addition to the dungeon pack?

Guest ProfessorK

Guest ProfessorK

Hi Steve,

Ive been making great progress using your art as source material for my game. Its really starting to look like something :)

In general I've been doing okay for a first pass at art by modifying your dungeon pack pieces as needed but I've run into something that i am afraid is beyond my meager apprentice Maya skills.

In specific the circular staircase in the tower has two problems for my use, I hope they wont be too hard to fix:

(1) The staircase itself is too narrow to navigate. Unfortunately because my game works on a building blocks and grid system I cant just make it bigger. What I need is a piece whose stair to central colum ratio is about half as much column and twice as much stair. i ALMOST made that work with vertex scaling on the none-colum vertexes but Im having trouble getting all the non-column and none of the column. If you could make a version where the column is all 1 object, all the stairs another, and the outside a third, that would be the most generically useful!

(2) The ratio of top-floor (space above the upstairs stair landing) to bottom floor (space below the top stair landing) is not 1:1. I tried splitting that apart and scaling each half but then the downstairs door (which is in the section that has to be shorter) gets squashed :/

Because my game is a strict grid I really need them to be 1:1

• Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.