UnityPackage?

Guest jydog

Where is the UnityPackage in the Industrial Pack? I downloaded it and do not find it. Where should I be looking?

Randy

Do you really need it? It is matter of few minutes to do import and settings...

Guest Socrates

Where is the UnityPackage in the Industrial Pack? I downloaded it and do not find it. Where should I be looking?

Even though most if not all of the Arteria store pages say there is a Unity package for the product, very few actually have one. The list of included file formats on the store page is simply copied and pasted to every page.

FBX and DAE will import into Unity. You will most likely need to assign material to textures. I also tend to reorganize the folder structure since Steve is inconsistent on where he puts stuff from package to package.

Personally, as I go to work with Arteria packages, I clean everything up, delete anything I don't need (like .x files), and then create a Unity package for that model. I put them into Models/[package name] with subfolders of Materials and Textures specifically for that model. It keeps things a little better organized.

• Like 1

>very few actually have one

OK, Thanks. Organization seems to be similar to Dexsoft.

The unitypackages are a quick start ("cheat?") and I like to see how others do things and often learn a thing or two.

Randy

Most of the products did have unity packages, and then due to differences between unity versions, in that an export form version 4 wont load into version 3, I pulled a lot. I have been working behind the scenes at making new packages, and most people seem to be using 4 now anyway. IN fact my new packs(check out this next week!) are designed too, with unity in mind, and unity packages provided for them. Thanks for all the support again.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.