Hair pack confusion

Hello, I downloaded the hair pack a couple of years ago and have never really got it to look right.

I saw that there was an update so I downloaded the update.

The package I had before was named V1_2022

The file that downloads now says V2_2019

So I can't quite tell if that means it is version 2 and is the most recent one even though it has an older year on it.

Also the changelog says no longer requires the Ciconia shader. When I import the package the master material has a shader error on it so I went to change it to UMA hair and the masteroverlay has SpecGlossMap, so I ended up changing it back to Ciconia anyways hehe. 

It just looks a bit umm kind of blocky on the wavey styles like C and D. I've messed around with the v1_2022 as well with the double sided shader and it looks pastey like clay.

It has Elf Ears set as all the textures/maps in the master, is that meant to be like that? I see some styles have some of their own textures on them..

Also C on male still is way far back on the head, 1/4 bald, which I had read a post saying that was fixed, which again makes me think I have the wrong version. Both versions I have do the same thing on C Male.

Also all the shared color settings are gone on the one I just downloaded v2_2019, but were there on the v1_2022.

Also I don't see any instructions with either of the packages.

Sorry for all the newb here.. I suppose I just need a full walkthrough.

1) Delete the current Arteria hairpack folder?

2) rebuild library?

3)Import the package again (which version?) 

4) rebuild library again

5) set Masters to .... what shader and what texture/map files?

Thanks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.