Openings in Buildings with internal rooms, etc.

Guest rampart

Guest rampart

When you have buildings with doors drawn permanently there is no way to really place a door for characters to enter or exit the building normally in scenes.

It would be nice to just have openings into those buildings and have the doors separate. This way we can animate the doors ourselves.

Also, when you release buildings with external walls, roofs and floors as components we can change the opacity of those components and save a great deal of time with indoor scenes.

When the buildings have excellent interiors it is often very hard setting up for indoor scenes, because there may be columns, and other physical obstructions internally that are difficult to work around. Yes, you still have to work around those obstructions even when you can change the opacity of a side wall to build a scene, but you save alot of time. Working around obstructions slows you down alot. If the walls, floors and roofs are released as components we can lower opacity on those components and work with indoor scenes much more efficiently.

If a building has no interior for indoor scenes then we don't need component walls, floors and roofs. Still door openings would be nice, because we can provide scenes where characters open doors and go into buildings.

• Like 1

The packs that have interiors do have full openways and doors for these elements that you can either have open or closed.

For buildings in packs that dont have interiors, it wouldnt be correct to insert a hole into the mesh, as there are no backfaces on the faces - therefore everything would show as transparent inside.

The new medieval modular line of packs once interiors are introduced will solve your last problem.

Thankyou for your valuable feedback

Steve

Guest rampart

I did not mean door openings into nothing. I notice in several packs there are openings into rooms and you can see into the rooms, and there is no door only an opening. This should work. I can install a door.

I was working with your modern sewer pack. There is a step up into a room. You can see into the room and there is a door, but the door is half ajar. Maybe, I am missing something. In this instance I particularly wanted to use this room with an opening and closing door.

Half open doors seems abit strange to me that is, unless we are supposed to work scenes with characters turning them sideways to enter or leave the room. :lol:

Thanks very much, for responding :rolleyes:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.