Medieval Modular Kit - Many materials and textures not linked

Guest Parallaxe

Guest Parallaxe

I have just imported the Medieval Modular Kit (Unity package) into Unity and saw many materials without a texture attached. Or FBX without a material attached. It's an enormous work to find out which one belongs to what. Is there a way that this can be fixed?

• Like 2

Guest Parallaxe

I found a workaround: Instead of using the Unity package, I took the generic package, copied all assets together in one folder and used from there.

However, it would be helpful if the glitches in the Unity package could be removed.

Unity packages an be problematic sometimes, and do require a lot of care and attention to make sure they export correctly. Due to the nature of the user applying the materials to the elements in the scene, there Is a folder of materials set up with all you need. The materials that are present in the package, that don't have textures attached, are the default materials created when I imported the meshes, as unity always defaults materials on FBX import. When I tried deleting these(as they are not used), it caused problems with the fbx meshes. That's why they where left in. Basically all wall texture, apply to all wall meshes, same for doors, windows. After the bulk of the 2d content is released shortly, I will be releasing a second addon pack for this.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.