Medieval Modular Kit - will it work with iclone?

Guest rampart

Guest rampart

No more no less, will it work with iclone 5.5?

I only produce videos, no games.

If not, when will you release a version that will.

• Like 2

Guest rampart

I've been playing with the 3dxchange. I load the fbx file, then select the node with wireframe globe under scene tree, then load the diffuse and then the bump and specular.

This is a slow process is there a way to speed it up.

I made an extra folder and dumped the Model Formats. shader maps, and textures files into one folder. The diffuse fills instantly, but I still have to select the bump and specular.

1st popup when I load FBX asks if I want to adjust material color automatically?

Also, the modify has checks boxes - affect all channels and 2 sided.

I can guess at these, but as much content as I have it will be hard to keep track of what I did or didn't do when I exported.

Also, the self-illumination needs tweaking as the items show up bleached white. Does it matter, if I just export as is?

Sorry, for the questions. I've been doing iclone to make videos. I don't do games or anything else. iclone has been pretty well all I have needed. Now my list of projects is larger and I have to take on other content that isn't proprietary to iclone.

I will learn how to deal with it, but I will have to ask questions.

:rolleyes:

Guest sumthinwong

Having problems with this modular kit as no instructions or diagrams were provided to show assembly of the many parts contained in this kit. Could you please show how these parts relate to each other or provide complete model. Why are these not provided as complete models with OBJ sub components? You have walls, windows, doors, roofs - Check out the video to see some examples of the houses. I think though that i will make a video at some point on constructing buildings with the kit though for users like yourself.

Guest rampart

My posting was not about the building of anything.

My question was about improving the efficiency of putting each component together as a unit quickly, then exporting it to iclone.

I have moved the 3 folders into one. When I open a component the diffuse in iclone fills, but I still have to click on the Bump Map and find the file. I only see one specular for window.

RL 3DXchange does the job, but it is a not a short term task. 100+ components takes awhile, and you have to watch what you are doing all the time. It is easy to make mistakes. Maybe, in time Arteria will think about getting a copy of 3DXchange. This way arteria3d would be providing ready to use iclone files.

Oh, and yes I use the FBX format, not obj. If there is an advantage to using obj files I'd appreciate to read it.

Best regards

Guest animagic

rampart, I'm using the OBJ format, but there is no particular advantage for one over the other in this case. I'm reading that you already solved the problem of the Diffuse loading by placing all files in the same directory. It works like that for the OBJ format as well.

Some packs have actually been converted to iClone format, so I believe Steve has 3DXchange already. My understanding was that there would be an iClone version of this pack.

Guest rampart

Animagic

Good to know. I looked at the obj files, but was more familiar with the fbx and Arteria3D content.

I was just hoping to find an easier way to do things, than process 100+ items through 3dXchange and into iclone. :rolleyes:

Thanks

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.